30 days pt. 1 week 1


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




june 6th-june12th.2008


1. cheshire twin


"Well, when one's lost, I suppose it's good advice to stay where you are until someone finds you.
But who'd ever think to look for me here?"
*

looking glasses
of cracked reflections
divided
civil war psyche
two faces, one heart*
lost in
some sort of struggle
to make sense of
days not so common.

she bleeds
from wounds criss-crossing skeletons bones
like train tracks leading nowhere
but right back to the beginning

circular living
when the past is forever the future





*lewis carroll and celphemployed, respectively


day 2
he's like a hip hop song, ya know

he arrived
like answered prayers
upon the setting of the sun
had me dizzy, spinnin, thinkin he just might be the...

forgive me, for at times i get ahead of myself
but i swear it felt
like i knew him already

he brought the funk
i made the noise
and we dissolved into
fits of laughter
until hours after when i
finally caught my breath
step back to analyze
size him up
checked checklists
reckless with the smile
his style...
so addictive
yet innocent
and its
5am and shooooot we aint even kissed yet
but sleep is furthest from my mind
pushing back the night
for a few more seconds of his
time he makes me weak (like, in the knees)
you see
he reminds me of home
and good music on warm summer days
"instinctive travels" traveling on air waves
barbeques on sundays
sweatin in the shade
so hip i cant help but
hop to his rhythm
he's like '93 (to infinity yall)
rewinding me backwards to
passin notes in classes
place the X next to yes
this crush is
inevitable

and excuse me, for sometimes i get ahead of myself
but i equate him with an oasis and
but but but wait it gets....
better. not watered down but rather
he's just like water for
parched lips in desert sands
got his songs on loop
understand
its deep when i say he makes me wanna...
nevermind.
leave thoughts and sentences unfinished
because if he read it, he'd get it
throw the track in, remix it, and spread it
like wings to make us fly high
stepped into his world
and became enraptured by his stature
saw ever after in his eyes
and the earth on his shoulders
had me gearing up for this
fantastic voyage (volume 1, and you know this)
ready to let
tables turn and
beats drop while hearts soar
takin all he's got while he steady asks
'do you want more?!!!??!'

some lines mixed up and inspired by (though not word for word) the following:
swv, tribe, the roots, souls of mischief, common, sticky fingaz, salt n pepa, blondie, slum



day 2

asiago bread
devoured by hungry mouths

we eat more than
our lunches
in noontime outings

when stolen moments
satisfy
our cravings
for sustenance


day 3

heard your voice tonight
over airwaves
donald byrd in the background
remixed, yet,
so fitting
love has come around
indeed it
feels so good to me

and brief glimpses
into worlds i have never been
have me tuned in
to frequencies
turned on by
idiosyncrasies
in your speech

and like the good listener
i dial the digits
hoping to be the
winning call.

thanks for the shoutouts.
.. --> / message -->.. --> controls -->

day 4.

truth is
i'll never be the beauty queen
magazine spread model type
plastered on tv screens
and billboards
tacked behind doors
in adolescent bedrooms
you know, the type
little girls want to look like

truth is
my hips are a little too wide
ass, a little too soft
never a fan of make up
when its on, its still a little bit off
my hair's a little too thick
the ends a little too split
late nights stamp the eyes with circles
too dark for concealer to fix

truth is
i'm not usually the type
to worry much about appearances
but stones and sticks
hold no threat when words pack the punch
and sometimes i forget that just a little too much
will just never be enough.

thank you for reminding me.
.. --> / message -->.. --> controls -->
day 5.

stop

remembering
how it was
when he...

...its just
that i
can't help but wish
he was...

...here will always
be so far from...

...there are
stories left to be...

...read his thoughts like

forget-me-

...knots
in my throat
leave words un-
spoken

dis-

join


-ted

meshed together
like a patchwork quilt
of passive aggression
my cloth
not cut out for this
new definition
of cut ties
and i try
but
i'm clumsy
inevitably
keep trippin
dont need this

can't help it


goddamn it.

im such a fuckin mess.


day 6

a broken moon
mocks sentiments
in the silence of midnight.

substance hidden in shadows
phases on irregular cycles-
i have eclipsed myself.

craters dot the surface
of cold landscapes....
echoes of
collisions
that have left me
riddled with wounds

the light,
only a reflection.
and when the sun is hidden

it all succumbs
to dark.


day 7

you
press up against my skin
like heat
summer humidity
stifling breath,
oppressive.
leaving every inch
sticky
oozing sweat
i feel you in my pores
man of fire and brimstone
i quake for you
like the great Iztaccihuatl
lava singeing veins
that snake beneath the surface

warning:
contents under pressure.
eruption, inevitable.


0 Responses to “30 days pt. 1 week 1”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Previous posts



ATOM 0.3