a few steps behind.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



late nights are like this...
you should know
the many ways i play
slave to your shadow
hiding in footprints and
the echoes of breath
through speakers,
boxing me into
rooms without doors;
tongue-tied at your voice.

siren
you lure me into thoughts
of forget-me-nots
pinned to lapels
i know you so well
yet
understand little

riddle me into mystery.
find me in the folds of pages.
i wait for you in the words,
to be a chapter in your book,
a line lingering on your lips;
speak me into being.

i wait,
bookmarking passages
in the story of your kingdom.

your majesty,
you should know
how many times my lines
have have worn your face,
how we've
slipped between sheets
of loose-leafed dreams.
between the lines of poems,
i wait.

unseen; and
unheard,
just a girl
intoxicated
by the elixir of your words,
stolen,
like moments we've passed,
far from the eyes
of a greedy audience.


0 Responses to “a few steps behind.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Previous posts



ATOM 0.3