borderline.love


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



today i will hate you
my words
will grow sharp claws
to tear at your eyes
they will
adopt the shrill shriek of the banshee
"mothafucker come get yo shit"

(please don't leave)

my voice
will reach inside of you
pulling up weaknesses
to fling at your feet
i will hate you today
inside outside
backwards and through
until you question
why
you don't hate yourself

(i love you)

at some point
soon
i will lose myself again
the I, redefined,
so many times
that I defy me.aning
exchanging cloaks for capes
masks for makeup
stitching
skin from
lines of plays
whose parts i know so well
on stage
without an audience

(this is me)

and then,
like dawn,
i will break
as does the sun
through clouds
following a stormy night
i will wrap you with all the light
i have within
give of myself
until you want for nothing
because you will hold the answers
and i will hold your hand
and we will be caught in the dance
once again

(until the weather turns)

please heed these words
remember i have warned you
from the beginning
remember
i will bare my soul
before i bare my skin
and loving me will always be a risk

because scales don't tip,
they topple
and you will be
just another passenger
on a derailed train

but if,
in spite of this,
you can see the truth
when i offer lies
the me
hiding beneath
an ever-changing disguise
then yes,
i think just maybe
we can work it out


0 Responses to “borderline.love”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Previous posts



ATOM 0.3