sati


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sati.

flame lick skin
fire beat heart
tears fall,
body dissolve
burn
burn
burn



Lover I am here with you
at the end of the earth;
as darkness falls,
our clasped hands
shall hold each other up.
You will not go alone,
for I am by your side.
When your night ends,
we will become the light.
Char this flesh,
release me from earthly bonds.
I live for you
and with you gone,
the reasons for pressing on
turn to wisps of smoke
dissipating in the wind
of your final breath.

Stoke the fire,
ready the pyre
for me to climb upon;
baby without you,
I can't go on.
Greet your face in the flames
that swirl and curl,
wrest me from this world
so we can rest forever.

I treasure you.

Death shall not bring parting words
or the dirge of sadness.
I lay down upon coals, free of madness,
into the fire that will meld us together,
a kaleidoscope sunrise
of bodies united in final ties.

Affix our love between your death
and the end of my life
and we shall burn together as one,
eternal flames on the rise.
The twin phoenix,
our souls flying high from ashes
of earthly forms.
Reborn out of brimstone,
even in passing, never alone,
set free by the blaze
illuminating the path home.


0 Responses to “sati”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Previous posts



ATOM 0.3